This is my blog :)
For starters, I'm transferring some of my posts from other social platforms at the moment. Mostly from my tumblr page.
I'll change this pinned post later once that's more complete. In the meantime, please help yourself with reading my old rants, especially my “adventired of g1ant” series (that I never completed).
My name is Kalle. A young'ish back-end developer from the eastern archipelago of Sweden. Began programming at around 14-15 years of age with Löve2D, ComputerCraft, and Unity3D. Since then I've expanded fully into the .NET eco system and I am currently (as of time of writing, 2021-01-10) getting my feet wet in the FOSS and Linux environments. My knowledge as of now spans from dev to ops, with my weakness over at front-end.
Free (as in freedom) software has grown on me so much lately. It's a true honor to work in this lovely environment, and I focus my free time on enhancing the open software community to my greatest extent.
Year 2021 will be my year of catching up and will focus the most on side projects such as
- jilleJr/Newtonsoft.Json-for-Unity (my fork of JamesNK/Newtonsoft.Json, making it available to the Unity community)
- jilleJr/Newtonsoft.Json-for-Unity.Converters (utility converters for Unity types)
- jilleJr/Newtonsoft.Json-for-Unity.Bson (fork of JamesNK/Newtonsoft.Json.Bson, bringing BSON to Unity)
And lower, but still relevant, on my priority list comes projects such as
- zifro-playground/compiler (Mellis, the pedagogical Python compiler for Unity)
- Bringing some proprietary projects from work over to open source
- Blogging about my findings over at this blog that you're reading right now
- as well as some other unlisted hobby projects
What's this blog about
Mostly personal stuff I come across. Either knowledge I want to share (in form of guides) or experiences I want to share (usually in form of rants).
Expect content related to the following areas:
- Private life, such as travel blogging (see #life)
- Hobby programming projects (see #devlog)
- Work related rants (see #rant)
- Or anything else relating: C#, F#, .NET, Go, PHP, Lua, ComputerCraft... I.e. random programming “stuff”... (see #programming)
Where to find me
- This blog! It has ActivityPub/Fediverse support! @email@example.com
- Mastodon: @firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEV: jillejr
- devRant: applejag (deprecated, in favor of this site)
- Discord: applejag#0001
- Goodreads: applejag
- LinkedIn: kallejillheden
- My veeeeeeeeery old personal website (portfolio): kalle.jillheden.se (still uses HTTP. Don't have access to the server anymore...)
Or if you're just looking around, you can probably find me under one of the following names:
- Kalle Jillheden
Have a great day :)