The feature in question is this thing about value conflict in variables. The G1ANT.Robot language doesn’t allow it, so I thought…. yea fuck that, I’m not goin to either.
I was already savin the shitty variables in stacks of lists for each code block, so I just added a Type value to the items and zamziop kdone. Now just throw some exceptions here n there were the value types differs.
This was a feature I didn’t add because I just imagined it would be done in an hour or so.
Oh how I was wrong. It took me FULL 90 MINUTES!
What took the most time was writing all those stupid unit tests. Implementing if-else, while, and do-while was arguably the easiest thing I’ve added. With my UNQUESTIONABLY SENSATIONALISTIC CODE BASE it was added in a jiffy. 🍆✊💦
That right there ^ was like, echo conditional jump, echo codeblock, echo label, DDdddDDONE!
Naming methods is legit one of my biggest priorities in getting rhoight. However, when you mix TDD and my usual level of sleep dep, the names stack on with so many words it’s really unmuzzleable.
Like I cry blood when reading this, but I don’t have the energy to come up with a better name:
Oooo yea the main reason I logged into bloglr!; I just got if-else statements working! And I’m fiddling around a little with some minor optimizations for like when the code block is empty and all that jazz.
I love this codebase. Most fun I’ve had with a single project ever. I have had no planning done aT ALL but I’ve lapped a distance. I’m jolly.
Not only the lazyness of me implementing this but also about posting this. I try to keep up to date with myself but this shitpost has fallen a week after due the pull request was merged.
The ruckus new feature is what to be expected as one of the simplest of things.
It’s negative numbers.
Twenty7seven days since the start of the project. Waaaay to long if I ask me.
I’m usually against negativity, so therefore I didn’t want to add this feature. But with a hard argument with the b0ss and numerous angry users (me, me, & me), I ended up adding it anywayssss. Oh me people.
So bappin happy this feature is finally in a working state. I’ve been procrastinating this hippo for so long, but now it’s implemented and it works wonders!
In G1ANT you have commands and not functions to call, and they use a kind of out parameter structure for the commands results. Like for example, to get the result from a dialog box you do it like this:
Tremendous amount of time have been spent solely for expression parsing, ‘cause I want that stupid shitpile to work in a proper way.
I’ve just now successfully rewritten the compiling part to in a cleaner way parse expressions and statements, and dahym it’s working like a charm.
With the new system I can much easier handle expressions; look at their content and for example, remove unneeded parentheses, extract statements that needs to compile ahead of time, and other fun stuff.